1511 and 1504 Drift Road. Westport. The Wainer Homestead straddled Drift Road running from the river front to what is now Route 88. The original Eddy house, shown in the picture, was on 1504, and the farm fields ran to the west of 1507, parts of which remain in Wainer descendants’ hands today. Paul Cuffe purchased this 100-acre property from Ebenezer Eddy in 1799 and sold it to Michael and Mary Wainer, his brother-in- law and sister, in 1800.