18 Johnny Cake Hill. The Captain Paul Cuffe Park adjacent to the Museum building is a memorial park commemorating his life and legacy. The Cuffe Kitchen on the 2nd floor of the Museum provides an exhibit space for some of his artifacts. Cuff & Howards store, founded in 1809, sold imported goods from the West Indies. It was located on the west side of Water Street in an area that is now part of the Whaling Museum complex.