1430-1436 Drift Road, Westport. At the end of a private drive, the wharf was on the West bank of the East Branch of the Westport River. Paul Cuffe purchased a small lot of 0.22 acres on the riverfront in 1789 from Isaac Soule, built and docked most of his ships here, including his last ship, Traveler, and constructed a substantial house here in 1797. His free integrated school was also established nearby in 1797. No structures from that time remain.